ECommerce Assistant Permanent Job1 week ago - Public Service - Tamworth - 22 views
With plenty of freedom and initiative, you'll provide invaluable support to the eCommerce Manager.
eCommerce is like a business in its own right, with teams covering Trading, Merchandising, Logistics, Content and Technology. And everything we learn about our customers – the way they shop and what products gets them excited – will help the rest of the Aldi business. Which means your enthusiasm, passion for online shopping and ability to think on your feet will really fit in.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And we're giving customers even more ways to shop at Aldi with our online store.
We are currently based in Tamworth whilst our Head Office in Atherstone gets a makeover, but the plan is to move back once the building is fully geared up to cope with our growth.
Role: eCommerce Trading Assistant
Salary: £31,600 rising to £36,900
Contract Type: 9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Monday-Friday 08:00-16:30
ALDI are looking to recruit an eCommerce Assistant to work within the Trading team in their growing eCommerce department. Working within a busy department, you will be responsible for supporting the growth of our eCommerce department, this is an ideal opportunity for a driven and capable individual with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills and an interest in the eCommerce domain. The Assistant will focus on repeat iterating products to make them suitable for eCommerce, defining the future eCommerce product portfolio and recommending order quantities.
The candidate will collaborate closely with the wider eCommerce team, other Corporate departments and third party suppliers to ensure the best solutions are implemented and the highest standards of data integrity and accuracy are maintained.
This is a challenging opportunity for a driven and proactive individual with excellent innovation, communication and organisation skills who enjoys working in a fast paced environment. There is opportunity for continuous improvement within the role, developing processes and maximising profitability.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work closely with Buying and Corporate Logistics to iterate products so that they are suitable and profitable for eCommerce
- Help define the future eCommerce product portfolio
- Capturing repeat order information
- Respond to general Corporate Buying communications and queries
- Reporting on orders, sales, product and financial performance
- Complete oversized product list and delivery cost analysis
- Complete NFSB Weekly and adhoc price reductions
- Ensure eCommerce restricted products are not ordered
- Work closely with other Trading Assistants, Fulfilment and third party suppliers
- Work between all eCommerce Departments to plan for peak inbound seasons
- Develop understanding of the Department and other Trading Assistant roles to enable cover and strong teamwork
- A level or equivalent
- Experience working in a busy office environment or degree level qualification
- Ability to manage day-to-day operational planning and analysis while maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and colleagues alike
- Proactive and highly motivated team player with exceptional communication skills
- Deadline driven and able to multi-task with exceptional organisation and time management skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Confident user of MS Office suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Reacts positively to change
- Team player
- Relevant degree or equivalent
- eCommerce background (either work based or study)
- Experience in either a retail, trading or fulfilment background
- Stakeholder management
- Buying experience
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Proactive and ability to work on own initiative
- A desire for continued personal development